Saturday, February 23, 2013

The dreaded "B" Word - Blocking

So I belong to TKGA, The Knitting Guild of America. But let me digress. I joined TKGA and discovered something called the Master Knitter's Program. I had to be one. Yes, I love all certificates, degrees, etc. I have an AA, BSBA, Certificate in Library Science (almost), and before I die I will be a Master Knitter with one of those little pins to prove it!

Now, on with the blocking thing. I began the TKGA classes with the Master Class, Level 1. As soon as I had the swatches done and it was time to block them, I froze. I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it for two years. Okay, I had to get past this. By this time TKGA offered another class called Basics, Basics, Basics. Okay, I will take that class before I continue the Master Class, Level 1. Maybe  I will have more confidence if I spend another $100 first.

I finished all the swatches for BBB two weeks ago. It was time to block again. OMG. Frozen again. I have to get past this. I read about, watched YouTube videos about, had nightmares about, whined about, you name it ... I did it about it. Finally, I made a notebook about it. That's right, when you can't do it, organize it!

Today, I actually put the pieces in the water to soak, Step 1. That is where I am headed now, to see if they disappeared or some other horrible thing I didn't even imagine. But wait, I have to clean the kitchen first. The blocking board has to go on the table so that table has to be wiped down, and there are dishes from breakfast still on it because I have been busy creating this blog so I would have another place to whine about blocking, so the dishwasher has to be unloaded and loaded again, but I think I can resist doing the floors, I usually do resist a dirty floor.

Must get up. Must turn away from computer. Must block ...

No comments:

Post a Comment