Saturday, March 16, 2013

I'm still here ...

Yes, I am still here. I should leave some type of instruction in my will for a last post, but not today.

I've been busy lately, no time to really visit with myself. That's not good. We need to all take time for those moments of self-contemplation and conversation. But I have been productive. I finished Lesson 1 of Basics, Basics, Basics for TKGA and I am now knitting my way through Lesson 2. I am really enjoying the learning experience, although I know I will be going back to the videos each time I come across increase/decrease or whatever in a real pattern. My short term memory just can't handle it. But that's okay. Ruby, my wonderful MacBook (a gift from my loving sister, Susie) has it all bookmarked for me.

I did finally reach my medicine deductible and I am back on my brain meds. What a difference. It's too bad they are $600 a month. When I am insured for them, they are almost $200, but that is much better. It is just one of life's challenges to find a way to pay for them as I simply don't function without them. When I don't have them it is kind of like I have had a small stroke or something. I have trouble putting words together to talk to people and I forget to do things like bathe and cook. Not good.

I am scheduled for a trip to Georgia in a couple of weeks to help Sister move to her new home. I am looking forward to seeing Georgia, especially Atlanta, as I have never been there. Atlanta has seven yarn shops! I sure hope I can go to all of them, but I won't have a car so it will depend on Sister's schedule. I have mixed feelings about Sister moving. In part Mark and I moved to Texas to be near her and Poppy and now she is moving away. Bummer.

That's it for right now. I am anxious to finish my samples for Lesson 2 and get them in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment