Monday, September 23, 2013

GREAT NEWS!

Well, I did it. I received my certificate for the TKGA Basics, Basics, Basics course. One small step for knitting, one large step for knitting Kathryn! It not only means I have some of the basics down, and I can do them satisfactorily, it also means for me that I finished something that frightened me for many years. For reasons I can not explain, I have owned the TKGA Masters course for almost ten years and was absolutely sure I could not do it. Thanks to Arenda Holladay for her patience and for her well-structured Basics class, I have the confidence to begin my Masters course. I have given myself a couple of weeks to just do some knitting as I have fallen way behind on my committed projects for family and friends. I will, however, be back into my number one Bucket List item very soon.

I found an incredible gold mine on Ravelry today and added it to my page for Knitting Help by Subject. ClaireAlthea's Profile page on Ravelry is a real treasure of references and a wonderful start for my page. Thank you, ClaireAlthea. Now I have a great starting point for many of the topics I haven't touched on yet as well as links to many of the best references from some of my favorite sources.

Well, it's back to work for me. Well, it's really not work. I will check in with my friends at Elizabeth Watkin's Designs group and Sally's knitCompanion app group, and then work on my every growing pile of knitting commitments. All of these things bring such joy to my life that it is a great disservice to call them "work."

No comments:

Post a Comment