Friday, September 6, 2013

Research and writing day ...

I am doing my favorite things today, research and writing. Seriously, I love it. Only one problem, I really have a problem with focus. Take today's problem; I am supposed to be finishing Lesson 3 for TKGA Basics. It is not rocket science, as real scientists like to say. Just write up a pattern to match a swatch. So what do I do? I am researching how patterns are constructed. Of course, there is very little actually written about the actual "structure." Some information is provided about content, but that was in the course information, and, you see, I always like to dig a little deeper. I am not an overachiever, but one of the wonderful things about being a research addict is that it is a great way to learn as well as put off the inevitable ... completing the project. Anyway, back to the reason for this post. While doing my thing, I came across a blog by Kate Mullen, a Suite 101 Member who had a post about where to find free patterns. Now, this is how I think and search. To find out how to format a pattern when there are no direct search results, I search for free patterns and download them and then evaluate them against the content advice I did find. Soooo, obviously I am interested in Kate's post so I can find more free patterns. Now, I think that makes sense, right? Never mind. I really just want to thank Kate for her references. Talk later; I have to finish that project today. Really. Have to. Have to go. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment