Friday, July 19, 2013

Okay, this is getting bad. It's been almost a month since I have spoken to myself. It is not a good idea to let that much time pass without a good heart to heart with your own truest self. Now I can't even remember all the things I said I was going to have to talk to myself about later.

Let's see. I took a trip to George for a couple of weeks to help my Sister move into her retirement home. That was a little traumatic. She told Mark and I to move here so we would be close to my family, then she, being my only family within a four-hour drive, moves to Georgia. Hmmm. All and all, it was a nice trip and I saw a part of the country I had not visited before. I created my own yarn crawl in Atlanta. That was fun. Then I went to a Stitches show and met Charles Gandy. That was really nice; he is such a special person and made me feel as if we were going to be lifelong friends. Well, it worked for me. I will always think of him in a friendly way.

Since I have been home I have been knitting for my last Basics lesson, learning some new computer programs, starting a new regimen of pills that my doctor felt would be better for me. I hope the pill combination is better in the long run because it has not been pretty in the short run yet.

I have developed an addiction to Ravelry. I know, there are worse addictions, but this one is pretty bad. I am on there at least four to five hours a day. I keep addressing my issues for staying on there so much and hopefully I will spend that time knitting soon. It could always be that ugly "B" word raising its nasty head.

That's right, Blocking. I really have no excuse now. We had a spare room, not really a room, but a nice sized entry into our house. Mark put a table in there with all my supplies for blocking. I purchased the extra blocks from Julie at Knitting Blocks, even though I didn't really need them for five 4" squares of yarn; I bought four boxes of "no rust", not "rust resistant", pins from Lacis, definitely an overkill; I have watched every youTube video available; and I have read every article I could find.

Must go now; must block ... must block now ... no more waiting ... blocking room is empty ... can not hurt husband's feelings ... must block ...

No comments:

Post a Comment